Friday, May 09, 2008

Fame By Cleaning Ladies

So you know how people announce their special bond with celebrities by saying something like, "Oh I shop where Sarah Jessica Parker shops"? Or "I see the same optomitrist as Julia Roberts" (which is true.) Or "Alec Baldwin goes to my dry cleaner" (which is also true.)


Well, I found out the other day that my cleaning lady cleans supermodel Ling's apartment! I'm not sure why this is so exciting to me, considering that I have yet to meet anyone who has any idea who I'm talking about (I need more gay asian fashionistas in my social circle.) Or the person who I tell this news to thinks I'm talking about Bai Ling ("you mean that crazy Thai prostitute from Lost who just got arrested for shoplifting?") But I just think to myself, "wow, my I'm eating off of dishes cleaned by the cleaning lady who washes Ling's dishes." How's that for circuituitous?

3 comments:

Rafe Totengco said...

Ling's a friend of mine. That's too funny. Would you call that 2 degrees of separation?

TCho said...

Hmmm. I guess it's three, since I know you through a blogger (thwany), and haven't met you either. ;-)

Ming the Merciless said...

OMG, I met Ling and her sister, Ein (also a model) at Takashimaya last Wednesday during a product launch for by an interior designer. I even had a photo taken with her. I'm like her biggest fan.