Sunday, May 11, 2008

Birthday Post #02: First Day Of Festivities

Last night, I went to get some Korean Fried Chicken with some of my fellow gay asian bloggers at everyone's favorite Korean German Beerhof (like there are so many to choose from), Baden Baden. I hadn't been there in a while, and the first thing I noticed was that gone were the vaguely Hitler-youth type uniforms and replaced with just regular dark shirts and pants.

We all enjoyed our chicken. Oh and we had traditional orders of sliced pig's feet and spicy octopus (and fries too), just like you can find at Popeye's.

It was a very nice way to start my 31st birthday week long festivities.

As I left the place though, I realized though that since I'm Korean, I probably should just call it "fried chicken."

P.S., This guy's hair cut puts Javier Bardem to shame. The funniest thing is that this Korean Dorothy Ha-male actually looks happy with it.

4 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

Gay asian bloggers = rare breed of bloggers! Or is that not so rare? :-)

Where did you go? I've only tried the Korean fried chicken in Woodside on Queens Blvd. Love it but wish they have smaller (individual orders) vs. family size orders only. And also, wish they have other side dishes to go with the fried chicken.

BTW, Happy Birthday!!

tim said...

Happy Birthday again. And thanks for introducing me to Korean Fried Chicken. I am so there again.

teahouse said...

Hey, happy early birthday!!

bigislandjeepguy said...

the korean fried chicken here on big island is a-ma-zing. there is one place that makes it boneless, too. with a side order of kim chee.

thanks...i know what i am ordering for lunch sometime this week now!