Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SOS: Gmail Down, Repeat Gmail Down

Gmail has been down for the better part of this afternoon. It's sad that I'm like having a coronary about it right now. The message from the Gmail folks is

“Server Error: We’re sorry, but Gmail is temporarily unavailable. We’re
currently working to fix the problem — please try logging in to your account in
a few minutes.”
It's been a few minutes and then some.

Not like anything that earth-shattering could have happened in the past two hours.

But it is fun to think about Gmail engineers scurrying about their server farms. The way I picture it, smoke must be coming out of their computers, or maybe they forgot to feed the mice who run in their wheels.

5 comments:

Drew said...

Who imagines a website of Google being down? Thank god I didn't need anything but a friend had a "Google document" that he needed to get to. He had smoke coming out of his ears, let me tell you!

teahouse said...

Hmm..maybe you could take drastic measures..like writing someone a letter on stationery?

;o)

kevin said...

Dont you just hate it when that happens. Hopefully it has sorted itself out by now!

Kev in NZ

Ming_the_Merciless said...

LOL! It can be annoying especially when you are expecting an important e-mail.

I find myself checking my e-mail every 10 minutes. I even have Yahoo messenger on all day so it can notify me if I have a new e-mail.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Mine works. Maybe Hell's Kitchen is a different server...