Saturday, February 17, 2007

And I Thought I Hated My Name


I'm at Gate 81, waiting for my flight back to New York. I'm honestly a little surprised that I'm even coming back today because I kept hearing about people still stranded eons later due to the freezing rainstorm, but I guess that was all JetBlue. Good old United seems to have recovered well, and I'm looking forward to coming home.

Right now, I'm sitting peacefully in the Gate waiting area, doing a crossword puzzle. It's getting close to boarding time, and I see the agents scurrying about doing whatever they do to prepare for a flight. One of them just picked up the phone to make an announcment. She calls out, "Passenger Mordechai [I had to look up the spelling of that] Sailor, please come to the Gate 81 podium." Now I'm giggling. Why do they always announce people with the funniest names? Reminds me of hurricane names or the names you see on the SAT verbal section.

1 comment:

teahouse said...

Egads!! Poor Mordechai...