Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Moldy Return (Confessional #4: I'm Scared To Death of Mold)

Today, I arrived in the office to discover that the orange I left on my desk had grown mold! Ewwwwwwwww. I could see the green fuzz and was petrified of moving it and releasing mushroom clouds of spores into the air. If there's anything that gives me the heebie-jeebies, it's mold. It really freaks me out, and I get really paranoid about food going bad. It was only recently that I allowed myself to drink milk more than two days old.

I remember one time on one of my many trips to San Francisco, I nearly had a stroke on the plane, because I realized that I left a kiwi in my fruit bowl! I had about 2 hours left in my flight, and that was ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT for the rest of the flight. As soon as we landed, I got my blackberry out and started frantically clicking out an email to my friend to go into my apartment (he has a key) and dispose of the offending kiwi. Long story short, Operation Kiwi went very smoothly, and there wasn't a hint of mold anyway, and I could breathe easy again.

I think I'll start a personal hazmat team service, because I know first-hand the importance of having one.

2 comments:

Ming_the_Merciless said...

Oy vey!!!

I think I still have oranges from August 2006 in my fridge. It has so much mold on it that it can walk. It's probably having a disco party with the 18-month old kimchi.

teahouse said...

That's so funny!!

I'm always growing mold spores in my sink. Gross!