Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Holy Crap, THAT's Cold

Record cold for northern Minn.: 40 below

MINNEAPOLIS - It lived up to its name: The temperature in International Falls fell to 40 below zero Monday, just a few days after the northern Minnesota town won a federal trademark making it officially the "Icebox of the Nation.

It was so cold that resident Nick McDougall couldn't get his car trunk to close after he got out his charger to kick-start his dead battery. By late morning, the temperature had risen all the way to 18 — below zero.

Now THIS is the time when a subway strike makes sense. I'm all about union power, especially in cases when it stops me from going to a place where I really do not want to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would make sense, unlike the continual DC taxi cab strike, where the drivers just randomly pick a day every now and then to strike in protest of the city's adoption of meters!

teahouse said...

Yeah, I have a couple of friends in Minneapolis who have been writing to ask me if they can fly to NYC and live with me, where the weather is downright balmy!!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I like it cold! Like biting into a crisp apple!