Monday, December 10, 2007

How Fit Are You?

A friend of mine is one of those marathoners, constantly training for the next race in rain or snow, a lifestyle choice which I will never understand. Anyway, he told me recently that he has a resting heart rate of 60 bpm, which is pretty impressive, I think.

So I measured mine this morning, and saw that mine is 65 bpm. Hmmm. Not too bad. But, sadly, I don't think this is indicative of any superior cardiovascular conditioning. In reality, I think I've achieved this by the simple fact that I am forever in a constant state of nearly asleep, proven by the fact that I can fall asleep anywhere in under 5 minutes

3 comments:

teahouse said...

Hey, wow 65 bpm is pretty good. You must be naturally athletic. Or just really, really laid back....

Kayo Kid said...

Under five minutes?! Lucky you! Share your secrets...

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Wow, five minutes. I need closer to five hours.

I'm not even gonna embarrass myself my disclosing my resting heartbeat.