Sunday, November 05, 2006

I Need To Take A Course

I've been so blah lately, and my blogging has suffered. The words aren't flowing as easily from my fingers as they usually do. I've been kind of discouraged by my career and personal life and just not feeling like doing much of anything. I should get out more and enjoy all that New York City has to offer, but I'm so sedentary lately.

Things would be so much easier if I could win the lottery. Well, I'm sure a lot of people would say that. So every once in a while, I say to myself that I'm going to invest in the lottery. But every time I go to the store, my mind starts spinning. The lottery is so confusing! I want to choose the one with the best odds to get the most bang for my buck, but there must be like 50 different games sitting behind the register. I kind of like the scratch games because they're kind of more fun to play. I mean, who doesn't like scratching that silvery film? But there are so many freaking games. And the ones with drawings have drawings every day it seems, and I never know which drawing my ticket is for. I feel like doing the lottery is another full-time job.

The ironic thing is that when I saw this show on the Discovery Channel about lottery winners, it seemed like the stupidest people in the country end up winning the lottery.

4 comments:

GrooveTheory said...

HAHAHA!! I say the same thing at least once a month, but NEVER played in my life. Like you, I could never figure it out. Sure, I can ask the person in the counter or friends, but I forget. So, I'm hitting Vegas instead :D LOL

teahouse said...

I never buy lottery tickets. Know why? Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY from Manhattan ever wins the lottery. Think about it! It's a conspiracy, I tell yas!

Jon said...

Helmut Lang won about 15 million bucks (the Austrian transplant lives here). Like he needs the cash, right? And you'd think he could buy a bottle of shampoo since his hair is so oily.

I think I saw that program you wrote about-- I saw this show about lottery winners the other week on TLC where some guy was showing off his butt ugly sword collection and Roman statues surrounding his pool. I'm not knocking sword collecting, but sheesh....this guy looked he raided the set of some early 80s low budget sci fi film

tim said...

Shoot, screw lotto, I'd settle for $50 right about now.