Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bi-Partisan Voting


This past Monday, we had a company Potluck at work. Since starting my new jobs, I haven't been able to partake in one of my favorite hobbies. But I thought I would whip out the pots and pans for this event. I had decided to grill a few big steaks. Actually, when I was buying the steaks at my neighborhood Fairway, there was an announcement that all rotisserie chickens were "buy 1, get 1 free."

I resisted the temptation to take the rotisserie chicken shortcut and marched to the butcher, and immediately ordered "three London Broils." The butcher told me he had some more in "the back." Next thing I knew, he brought out a freaking cow and said my steaks would be "right up" in between all the hacking and chopping.

So my steak was a big success at the potluck, but get this. I tied for "Best Main Course" with Eggplant and Rice! What is up with that?!? Clearly, I forgot that by serving steak I'd be abandoning our company's important vegetarian contingent.

1 comment:

teahouse said...

Hahahaha...I love it!! Just picturing you standing at the meat counter at Fairway while they hacked up an entire cow for you sent me into uncontrollable peals of laughter.