Saturday, September 10, 2005

High School Horror

I went to a kind of snooty high school, and like most prep schools, our school has an alumni magazine. Back in May, I attended my 10th year high school reunion. It was actually a pretty pitiful showing. Only six of us out of a class of 65 kids showed up and we were one of the honored classes. All in all, I had a good time. I hadn't been back to Virginia in a while, and it was nice to see everyone, even though I was bored out of my mind after a day. I feel like I've changed a lot since high school, and I was eager to see how everyone else had.

So I left Virginia with all sorts of feelings of nostalgia. When I got back to New York though, Virginia and my high school years were quickly forgotten as I adjusted myself back to the pressure cooker of a city that I live in. Then one day I got my high alumni magazine in the mail. I flipped through it wondering if any of the pictures taken of me at the reunion were in this issue. Towards, the end, I finally come across a picture of me with the other members of my class. My eyes are CLOSED! I was horrified. I could not believe they used that picture!

I think my high school needs to recall every single issue of that magazine with that picture. I simply cannot have that picture floating around. It's too embarrassing.

On second though, nah, it can stay. I guess it gets people talking about me.

3 comments:

EM said...

yup, saw the picture with your eyes closed. my parents always save the magazine for me since i refuse to give STAB my address so they can hound me for money. they already got a pretty hefty tuition out of me, damnit, they're not getting anything else. couldn't bear the thought of going back this soon. maybe for the 15 year reunion...or the 20th. yeah, i'll see you at the 20th. maybe Dr. God will be gone by then.

Kristy said...

a few things:

1. EM - I think STAB got the hefty tuition out of your folks, not you. ;)

2. EM - I think this is Dr. God's last year, could be wrong but he even might be gone already. He's definitely on the way out.

3. Terry Cho-Cho - I will forever save that issue, even if it is recalled. And when you're super famous I'm going to sell it to the highest-bidding smut magazine. ;)

EM said...

correction kristy, that money was indeed mine, not my parents. fund set up for my education by my grandfather though I had no say over where it went until i turned 18. if i hadn't spent it on STAB, could've spent on something like, oh say, a car...