Sunday, October 04, 2009

Herbal Hair.

Flat-leaf parsley is my favorite herb. I add it to almost everything because I love the little flecks of green, and I also like the grassy and fresh herbal taste it gives.

Speaking of herbs, I bought basil one time at Fairway with the roots still attached. I stuck it in a pot after taking off some leaves. A couple weeks later, I had a veritable basil TREE in my apartment. It stunk up my whole apartment, and I couldn't stand it anymore. So I made a whole bunch of pesto and then threw the pot away.

Anyhow, tonight I made a British style meat pie and threw in some parsley. I was reading some of the comments to the recipe online and read that British people call "curly parsley", "afro parsley."

Maybe my basil just needed a new hairstyle.

1 comment:

teahouse said...

Hahahahaha. I love parsely. I also love cilantro, although apparently there are people who ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!