Monday, December 19, 2005

Two Choices, Not Three

I'm in San Francisco again this week on business. I flew United on Saturday morning. For some inexplicable reason, my original flight at 6:45AM was cancelled, and I got bumped to the 8:55AM flight. No one seemed to have any idea why my original flight was cancelled. I was like "You shouldn't call yourselves United! You guys don't seem to be "United" in your information."

The flight was nice. I slept and watched some DVDs of Arrested Development and House, my new favorite shows. Towards the end of our flight we were offered a snack. The choices were "Chicken & Fruit" or "Fruit & Cheese." The flight attendant went down the aisle and got to me. I chose the Chicken & Fruit and was given my plate pretty quicly. Then I could hear the flight attendant ask the person behind me. "Would you like Chicken & Fruit or Fruit & Cheese?" The guy behind me replied, "Can I get Chicken & Cheese?" "Um, I'm sorry, sir. We can't mix the plates," the flight attendant told the disappointed passenger.

On her way back to the galley, I rolled my eyes with the flight attendant. I heard her tell another flight attendant "Some guy just asked for Chicken AND Cheese!"

Some people can be so difficult.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Chicken and fruit sounds like an odd combo. Blech!

Anonymous said...

I work in IT too. I do POS Support for a retail chain nased in San Francisco. I live on the Upper West Side so I spend a lot of time on United trans-cons. I came back on the 1:30 this afternoon. Steak and cheese sandwich. mmmmmm. I watched 'Kinsey' on my laptop. Or at least the first hour. After that I slept. What a way to earn a living, huh?

teahouse said...

Mmm...chicken and cheese. Well, it sounds like that Chicken Kiev dish, where you slash it open and the cheese oozes out.